IR-2022-108, May 20, 2022
WASHINGTON, DC — The IRS today issued a revised set of frequently asked questions for the 2021 Child Tax Credit. These frequently asked questions (FAQs) are released to the public in Fact Sheet 2022-29PDF, May 20, 2022.
These FAQ revisions are as follows:
- Topic A: General Information: Updated questions 1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16
- Topic E: Advance Payment Process of the Child Tax Credit: Updated questions 2,3
- Topic F: Updating Your Child Tax Credit Information During 2021: Removed questions 1,2 and updated 3,4
- Topic G: Receiving Advance Child Tax Credit Payments: Updated questions 1,6,7,9,10,11
- Topic H: Reconciling Your Advance Child Tax Credit Payments on Your 2021 Tax Return: Updated questions 1,2,9 and removed 10
- Topic J: Unenrolling from Advance Payments: Updated question 1 and removed 2,3,4,5,6,7
- Topic K: Verifying Your Identity to View your Payments2021 Child Tax Credit: Updated 2,3,5,6 and removed 7
- Topic L: Commonly Asked Shared-Custody Questions: Updated 1 and 2
More information about reliance is available.